All are invited to share the Good News of Jesus Christ’s resurrection at St. James Westminster.
Holy Week is not a series of services, but an unfolding story. We start with the joy of the Palm procession and end with the glory of the Resurrection. In between we mark relationships, betrayal, self giving, the gift of the Eucharist, Pilates angst, the Disciples uncertainty, the tragedy of Christ’s death on a cruel cross and the flickering hope of those who creep to the tomb. Come and experience the complete range of emotion in the most important series of events this world has ever known.
Here is a summary of our Holy Week services:
- Monday, March 26, 7:00pm – Eucharist in the Church
- Tuesday, March 27, 7:00pm – Eucharist in the Church
- Wednesday, March 28, 10:00am – Eucharist in the Westminster Chapel
- Wednesday, March 28, 7:00pm – Eucharist in the Church
- Maundy Thursday, March 29, 7:00pm – Choral Eucharist with Liturgy
- Good Friday, March 30, 10:45am – Solemn Musical Prelude followed by the Good Friday Liturgy at 11:00am
Our Good Friday service will begin with a solemn musical prelude followed by the Good Friday Liturgy. We have a special program for children ages 3 and up too.
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 6:30am – Sun(Son)Rise Eucharist
We will greet Easter Sunday to celebrate the risen Lord as the sun rises.
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 8:30am – Traditional Choral Eucharist
Please join us for a traditional Easter Service with Eucharist, using the Book of Common Prayer. Music will be led by our choir and a brass quintet.
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 10:30am – Festival Eucharist of Easter (Book of Alternative Service)
All are welcome as we celebrate the risen Lord with music, liturgy, and Eucharist. Music will be led by our choir and a brass quintet. We will have a special program for children ages 3 and up. The children will process down the centre aisle with the choir and rector at the beginning of the service. Then they will leave the service for a lesson, returning for the Eucharist and the end of the service.