At its January 2017 meeting, St. James’ Parish Council passed a motion to hire consultants to assess the feasibility of launching a campaign to raise funds for much-needed repair, reconstruction, and restoration work on our church building. Between $1 and $1.5 million is needed to supplement bequests already received for this purpose. Work required includes:
- Structural upgrades to ensure the building meets regulatory codes: walls, transepts, ceilings, roofs, masonry require repair and reconstruction
- Upgrades to our mechanical and electrical systems
- New energy-efficient, silent ceiling fans in the church
- Repainting of the church interior
- Installation of suitable lighting to illuminate the rose window from the inside, and
- Construction and placement of new outdoor signage.
Please click on the following links for more information.
There will be a Town Hall meeting to discuss this matter following the 10:30 service on March 26.